This page supplements the information in AG18
Note that top level submissions are mutually exclusive from other class 13/14 submission- non-top level nodes cannot be included in this process.
- Registrant signs-up with SMPTE director of engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMPTE director of engineering assigns a new Registration Node number for the Registrant . Note: Only SMPTE is authorized to issue new Registration Node numbers.
SMPTE director of engineering asks the Registrant to complete an XML template for each Register (to specify symbols, namespace, etc.)
- Templates available at: https://registry.smpte-ra.org/view/draft/submission_templates/class13_14_registrant_templates/
- The completed template will include the Registrant Node number that has been issued by SMPTE.
SMPTE director of engineering adds the Registrant’s node to https://smpte-ra.org/class-1314-registrations
- SMPTE director of engineering sends the four XML template files 30MR10 as a Submission – this is processed in the normal way and ultimately added to The Registers. The Registers Editor checks that the details are consistent with what has been published on https://smpte-ra.org/class-1314-registrations
- If the details are consistent, the Editor will change submission status to Accepted and merge into the Draft Registers when they are open.